Violin (Jazz & Popular Music)
- 1986 to 1999 violin lessons at the music school in Waidhofen/Thaya
- 2004/05 stay in Glasgow, Scotland, for further musical education (Glasgow Fiddle School)
- 2006-2010 Study Jazz Violin with Max Grosch at the Carinthian
- Landeskonservatorium in Klagenfurt - Diploma with distinction in the concert subject Jazz and IGP Jazz
- Jazz seminars (Wolfsberg 2007, Schönbach 2008, Zeilern 2009, Berklee
- Summer School in Perugia 2010, there for the All-Star Band for the opening of the
- Umbria Jazz Winter Festivals 2010 nominated)
- since 2006 Dangl teaches folk music (mainly Irish and Balkan music) at various workshops and seminars in Austria, Germany and Scotland
- from September 2010 Lecturer for Jazz Violin at Vienna Music Institute
- since September 2010 Teacher at the Center for Music Education Penzing (there, among others, leader of a jazz/pop ensemble)
- 2001 - 2007 Member of the Irish/Scottish folk band "Smoky Finish", concert activity throughout Austria and in neighbouring countries
- 2002 - 2010 (founding) member of the World-Music Formation "Nim Sofyan", with which he won the Austrian World Music Award in 2004 - this resulted in performances at renowned festivals in Austria (Jazzfestival Saalfelden, Salzburger Festspiele, Accordion Festival Vienna, Donauinselfest, Wiener Konzerthaus...) and abroad (concerts and festivals in: Syria, India, Tunisia, Turkey, England, Belgium, Poland, Italy, Switzerland, Germany)
- 2008 - 2012 Mediterranean world music band "Monn Turonn
- 2009 - 2015 Folk band "Tunnagan
- since 2010 (founding) member of the folk/ bluegrass ensemble "Bard"
- 2010 - 2013 own jazz ensemble "Paul Dangl's Soulstring Band
- since 2012 member of the improvisational string quartet "Violet Spin", performances at the Jazzfest Wien, 12points festival Umea (SWE), Jakarta Jazzfestival (Indonesia)
- founded the jazz band "Travel Image" with the saxophonist Clemens Salesny in 2012 with the program "The Early Music of Joe Zawinul"
- Performances among others at the Jazz Festival Saalfelden, Jazztage Regensburg, Wiener Konzerthaus, Jazzfest Wien (Porgy & Bess). Jazz in the City (Salzburg)
- 2013: Dangl founded his own international folk band "Black Market Tune", with which he won the Austrian World Music Advancement Award 2014 and went on a 6-week festival tour to Australia in early 2015. In March 2016, another 4-week tour of Australia followed.
- in July 2014, the "Railroad-Band" was launched as part of the quarter-festival - a cross-border project with 5 musicians from 5 different countries, who toured the Waldviertel in 10 different venues in 2 weeks
- Since 2016, Paul has been working as a composer and musician with and for the Vienna World Orchestra, an 8-piece collective of the lively Viennese world music scene (with Mahan Mirarab and Golnar Shahyar, among others)
- In July 2018, again as part of the Quarter Festival, the music educational project "Saitensprung ins Narrenkastl", in which a guitarist from Denmark and a banjo player from Nashville worked out a concert program with music students. Also concert tour with these two international musicians.
- Since autumn 2018 active collaboration with the contemporary dance scene as live musician (2018/19 multimedia dance performance "Hölle, Hölle, Hölle" under the direction of Benjamin Blaikner and Silvia Salzmann), performances a.o. Schauspielhaus Salzburg and Cosmos Theater Bregenz.
- Band „Smoky Finish“: „Clear this planet, Immediately!“, 2002 Eigenverlag; „Tune The Speed“ 2005 Vertrieb: Hoanzl
- Band „Nim Sofyan“: „Tuna“ 2002 Eigenverlag; „Düm Tek“ 2005 Extraplatte; „Divane“ 2007 Extraplatte, „Agora“ 2010 Galileo;
- Band “Monn Turonn“: “Riturnella“ 2009 Eigenverlag
- Band “Tunnagan“, “Glasgow Storm“ 2010 Heurekords
Ensemble “BARD“: “Chapter 1“ 2011 Extraplatte
- Black Market Tune: “Nightfire“ 2013 Leiselaut
- Black Market Tune: "Drifters & Vagabonds“ 2017 Galileo