Grants & Scholarships
AMP Foundation Scholarship
- Applicable study: Entering enrolled degree students
- Closing date: 15 October (fall term) & 1 March (spring term)
- Tenure: Two Semesters
- For: Assistance with study fees
- Number on offer: 5 (winter semester) & 3 (summer semester)
- Offer rate: annually until 2022
- Value: up to EUR 400 per semester for two consecutive semesters
The Scholarship was established in 2020 and is funded by the holding company of the International Academy of Music and Performing Arts Vienna, JAM MUSIC LAB GmbH.
The main purpose of the Scholarship is to support enrolled degree students in their first year of study at the International Academy of Music and Performing Arts Vienna.
Application is made to the Student Service Center. It must be a single file in PDF format and contain:
- YouTube links to performances of the applicant (video files will not be accepted)
- A letter of motivation
- A statement about the applicant’s financial situation
A Selection Committee assesses the applications.
The Scholarship is awarded by the Chief Executive of the holding company on the recommendation of the Selection Committee
- The Scholarship will be known as the Foundation Scholarship (Gründungsstipendium).
- Up to five (winter semester) or three (summer semester) Scholarships will be awarded each semester, and will be of the individual value of up to EUR 400,00 per semester for each student for the first year of study.
- The Scholarship may be awarded to a full-time student entering study towards a degree (diploma or pedagogy diploma).
- The Scholarship is tenable by international and domestic students.
- The basis of selection will be artistic achievement as assessed by the Scholarship Committee and demonstrated financial need. The assessment of the applicant’s audition panel may be considered by the Committee.
- The Award will be made by the Chief Executive of JAM MUSIC LAB GmbH. upon recommendation of a Selection Committee comprising the Head of School (or nominee) and two teachers nominated by the Head of School.
- The Scholarship will be credited towards the study fee of the first two semesters of an awardee. Cash payout is not possible.
- JAM MUSIC LAB GmbH is not obliged to make an award if in any year there are no candidates of sufficient merit.
- The Scholarship may be held concurrently with any other scholarship, award or grant as long as a) the terms of that scholarship, award or grant permit and b) JAM MUSIC LAB GmbH is informed and approves.
- JAM MUSIC LAB GmbH has the power to amend or vary these regulations provided that there is no departure from the main purpose of the Scholarship.
- Applications close with the Student Service Center on 15 October (for the fall term) and 1 March (for the spring term).
- Notes [I]–[II] below are deemed to be Regulations.
I. Payments under the terms of this Scholarship remain tax-free as long as they are used directly for the payment of costs associated with an awardee’s programme of study. Failure to comply with this regulation will result in the termination of the Award.
II. Recipients of a Foundation Scholarship will be required to give undertakings that they will comply with the regulations for the Scholarship and will notify the Student Service Center of any change in their enrolment or funding status. JAM MUSIC LAB GmbH. may, in the event that it can be established that a recipient of a Foundation Scholarship is not complying with these regulations, terminate the Scholarship and require repayment of the funds received from the date of the breach.